7.19.2012

.my date with London.

J and I have always made a point to take our kids out on 1:1 dates. J with lauryn, so she can learn how she should expect to be treated by a boy, and London so that he can learn how he is expected to treat a girl. These "dates" are so special to me. London is such a soft hearted kid. He's eager to please, a lover, not a fighter, and loves to have long talks. Anyway, he planned the "date"... Olive garden then off to see the movie "brave". While at olive garden, a random storm came through, and knocked out the electricity, so we ate in the dark. And, like a typical boy, he thought that was the COOLEST thing. ;). I love my time with him. I love that at 11 years old, he still thinks I'm cool enough to be seen with and hold my hand. He's growing up so fast, and I know the day is quickly approaching that those feelings will change for him, so I'm taking full advantage of it while I can. I can only pray that what he learns on these "dates" will carry over to when he really dates. I pray that his heart always remains soft, and for good judgement in the young ladies he chooses to ask out and court. I pray for his {and lauryns}, future spouses. I'm curious to see the people they choose, the personalities they are attracted to. I can't believe I'm at that point as a mom, where these things are in my thoughts and prayers, although I've been praying for their spouses since I had them, but to know that they are getting to the age where the opposite sex is intriguing, is crazy to wrap my head around. Heck, the thought that I have an 11 & 12 year old has my head spinning. ;)

No comments: