5.03.2013

Mini Cosmetic/Book Haul & Londons Birthday!

Yesterday was my son London's birthday, so naturally, I was running all over town buying last minute presents {since Milla Jane exploded, I haven't been able to get a grip on planning ahead for holiday stuff~ ridiculous, I know, but sadly it's true}...

anywhoo, while I was running around, I needed to make a couple stops for myself.  Ulta was on the list, as well as Sephora and Barnes & Noble.  I needed some random things at Ulta {cotton balls, facial scrub, etc}, but I especially wanted to see about buying the Naked BASICS palette from Urban Decay.  I LOOOVE the 2 NAKED palettes, and pretty much use them every day, but I had yet to try the basics.  They had one left.  I grabbed it. :) 
here are the shades swatched:

1. Venus  2.  Foxy  3.  W.O.S  4.  Naked 2  5.  Faint  6.  Crave

The next thing I wanted to look at was a few items on my running list of "cosmetics to look for" on my phone.  I could've bought so much more, but I limited myself to three new lip products...  all of them ended up being from Dior.

Here's the lipstick:  Dior Addict in 178 Urban
 Here it is swatched:
 Here are the glosses:  The first one is the most gorgeous peachy-pink  it's 343 Spring Ball.  The second one wasn't on my list, but I loved it the minute I saw it.  It's 013 Etoilee  it's a beautiful golden white color.
 Here are all three swatched:  1.  Spring Ball  2.  Etoilee  3.  Urban {lipstick is on the bottom}
 I'm super excited about all of these, and have already used them today.  LOVE. 

I made a short stop at the bookstore because there was a book I was wanting.  I usually buy everything on my NOOK, but there are some books that I know I'm going to want in real book form.

I haven't been the least interested in the Amanda Knox Murder investigation/trial/verdict, etc., until the other night when she was interviewed by Diane Sawyer.  Her personality is, um, seemingly different, and I couldn't quite figure her out.  She has come out with a memoir, and up until the other night, I didn't have the desire to read it.  But she intrigued me, so I wanted to get it.  While I was there, I walked past a copy of "Gatsby"... I for sure want to read it before I see the movie, so I picked up a copy of that as well.  I bought the one with the movie cover.  I usually don't do that, I like real covers, and usually I've read the book long before they come out with a movie, but this cover was so pretty, I didn't mind.




Last but certainly not least, London's birthday.  It's hard to believe that my baby is 12, and he isn't making it any easier by reminding me that in just one short year, he is going to be a teenager... yeah.  Unbelievable.  Here's a pic from dinner last night.  It's amazing when I look at this and see just how *old* my kids look.
Lastly, I want to touch on a subject that I have yet to talk about publicly.  I'm not going into specifics AT ALL, because I want to maintain my familys privacy, but over the past 5 weeks, we have had a life-changing, horrific, seemingly endless crisis hit our family.  For those of you reading this, who know the situation, and have been praying, I love you.  I don't know how I would've made it this far without you.  For those of you who don't know, please pray.  If I know you in real life, get a hold of me, and I will fill you in.

Love you all.


No comments: