5.13.2013

.GATSBY.

Oh my goodness.  I've been soooooo looking forward to this movie coming out.  I'm not one of those people that rushes to a theatre to see the latest movie.  In fact, I'm one that really wants to wait till it comes out on DVD, so that I can watch it on my own comfy couch, snuggling my hubs.  But this was an exception to my "rule"... and it was SOOO worth it.  It definitely ranks as one of the "TOP 3" most beautiful movies I've ever watched, and the details... WOW.  I'm contemplating dragging hubs to the theatre to watch it with me again.  {i saw it with a friend, so J hasn't seen it yet}.  The colors, the costumes, the JEWELRY.  WOW.  Being that it's set in the 1920's, of course it makes total sense that Tiffany & Co. would be the official jeweler for the movie~ ***be still my heart***  Here's some scenes from the movie... i'm still on inspiration overload, and soooo badly hope that one of our seniors wants to do a fine art session inspired by this movie...

















This lovely headband, made by Tiffany & Co,  can be yours for the low, low price of $200,000  ;)

This is my next Tiffany & Co purchase:  it's from their Jazz Age Glamour "line"



Well, I guess that's all for today.  I've got so much to do for MJS today, I need to get a move on...  The kids get out of school for the summer next Wednesday, I think I'm even more excited than they are...  I'm so ready.  We will be having a few adjustments this summer, big ones.  I'll go more into that later, but until then, please still be praying for us.  Love you all.

 P.S.~ If any of you are as obsessed with Tiffany & Co, like I am, this is a must read.  I've read it about 4 or 5 times now.  It's written by a woman who was one of two girls that were the first to be hired on at Tiffany & Co {on the sales floor}.  AMAZING.  

No comments: