4.15.2013

Milla Jane Studios New Video




Most of you may not know that almost 2 years ago, I took on a partner for Milla Jane Studios {formerly photography}.  My business was growing so quick, I couldn't keep up with all of it, and try to grow Milla Jane the way I wanted.  I knew that if I still wanted to keep my role as a "housewife", and spend minimal hours operating Milla Jane, that I would have to partner up.  But partnering with someone isn't easy.  It's darn near impossible.  You have to find someone with the right personality, that compliments yours, and who's strengths make up for your weaknesses, AND someone that you trust as much as your own spouse.   I never thought I would find someone.  And to be entirely honest, I wasn't looking.  Then came Lori.  Lori and I met through a mutual friend, and fromthe first day I met her, I knew she was a kindred spirit.  She asked if I would be interested in photographing her daughters high school volleyball team seniors.  The final picture needed to be 5ft x 6ft long... I had NEVER done anything like that before, and had no idea where to have it printed that big, but I was sure I could figure it out. ;)  {i'm a "jump in with both feet & learn how to swim" kinda girl}.  The session was so much fun, and ran really smoothly as Lori was helping me pose and direct the girls.  We worked well together, talked about our love of photography, and our friendship naturally progressed.  The pictures came out fantastic, and Lori asked me to do her daughters senior pictures.  We worked together again~ I did her family pictures, we became better friends...do you see where this is headed?  Ultimately, Lori is the perfect business partner for me.  She is a trusted friend, her strengths are my weaknesses, she's a workhorse, and she wants Milla Jane to succeed just as much as I do.  Since I've partnered with her, Milla Jane has soared.  And we keep growing.  We are so excited to see what 2013 brings for us, we've got big dreams, and HUGE projects in the works!  And in case you missed the video of Milla Jane, take a peek! :)





No comments: