12.04.2009

C.A.S.A. gala tonight!



i'll post more on this in my next post, but my mom and i are attending the C.A.S.A. gala tonight! i'm excited on so many levels about this:

1. because it's a FABULOUS organization that helps physically & sexually abused children while in foster care & in going through the court system.

2. because it's an organization that helps CHILDREN. don't get me wrong, i love saving the ta-ta's, and i'm all for finding a cure for cancer, but being a mummy to my two monkeys, i can't imagine the fear, pain & confusion these poor children are dealing with at such a young age. funny when you have kids of your own, all of a sudden your "mama bear" instincts come out whenever there's a child hurt or in need. maybe that's not the norm though. maybe it's just me. maybe it's because of the way i was raised, becuase of the way i was taught to think about children, which brings me to number 3 on my list:

3. because my MOM, along with the other original volunteers, is being honored tonight for helping C.A.S.A. come to this area. my mom was on the ground level of volunteers when C.A.S.A. opened here, and i'm so proud of her! i'm so thankful that she was incredibly pro-active, and set such a great example for me as a wife, mom & friend.

if you've never heard of C.A.S.A., or if you have and would like to volunteer or donate, stroll on over here: casaforchildren.org

No comments: