4.29.2009

whats in a name?

EVERYTHING!!! i love words. i love names. so when it comes to naming something (or someone) i'm an absolute freak about it. poor lauryn was brenna, selena, lauryn, gabriella, brenna, selena, brenna before i finally settled on lauryn. i know that isn't too different from most people, but i take it a bit further. i name things i love. like my car. my camera. my wedding ring. my kitchenaid mixer...no kidding...read a few posts down...anyway...

j and i have been trying to think of a name for our land. something to put on the gate when you drive up. he's come up with some real doozies, and i've suggested "casapinka" ( you know like casablanka??? how cute is that???!!!) which he completely shot down. i thought it was cute. he said he's not going to live in a place named "pink house". hmpfh. i told him that it would be "house of pink" he informed me he didn't care if it was "pink house" or "house of pink", he wasn't living in it. sooo...i'm looking to you for help. serious help. i want something zippy. and to give you a bit more info to help you, we have horses and once we move we will have a few longhorns as well. both horses and longhorns will be visible from the front gate...

also, i'm trying to think of a fun name for my little craft studio...i like posey or posie (right now i'm leaning towards the spelling "ie") but i'm up for any suggestions. bring 'em on!

4 comments:

Rita Atchison said...

I vote for POSIE!!! All of my animals names end in IE.... We are OCD I think...

Unknown said...

I vote for POSIE too....its totally you and very cute!! Oh and im still trying to think of a name for your front gate, so far only thing I have came up with is "Amour Aigre-Doux" in English it means "Bittersweet Love" which is what I think of when I look at pictures of you and your family :)
Im trying to think of something zippy and fun involving your horses and longhorns but im not having any luck!! Lol.

LyndsAU said...

Thank you for your sweet comment :) It made me smile :) That is a great story! And WOW 2.5 months later :) I was shocked to read that! But how sweet! I know you were thrilled that 2nd go round with that baby and that weight :)

Darci White said...

i like posie w/ an "ie"....and i love the name brenna. it's on my girl baby name list! i also like bryn - plain and simple, but cute.

and i think it's awesome that you suggested casapinka!!!! i too am addicted to pink.